Friday 4 March 2011

Anthony Burgess - Exciting News

"I'm a composer, really"
Some time ago I contacted the University of Texas, Austin about the music of the late Anthony Burgess. Having read an excellent but scathing biography of the man by Roger Lewis (very controversial but highly recommended) I have always been fascinated by his music which, according to Burgess, was superior to his writing. Posterity perhaps indicates to the contrary as recordings of his compositions are more or less impossible to obtain. 

Anyhow, to cut a long story short, the lovely people at Austin University will soon be sending me a couple of piano scores by Burgess. Although copyright issues will very likely prevent publication of the scores I intend to learn them and then post recordings. Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment